home
cbox
  • welcome to EAT THE CHILDREN! we are an advanced, no word count, friendly post-apocalyptic roleplaying community. ETC is set in the united states as a whole, so there is plenty of room for all shapes and sizes. there is also a main safezone set up by the government where the majority of the action happens. this site is character-driven, so we would love it for members to give ideas and to not be afraid to make suggestions. we hope you enjoy your stay and we hope you make this place your own.

when registering, please do so with your character's first and last name (or their nickname) in all lowercase letters. ex. max brooks. please read all the provided material, as it was written for your benefit. if you have questions or concerns, feel free to ask in the cbox or post in the correct board. remember to be courteous and respectful and above all else, have fun!

bandits: 03
    colonists: 02
    scavengers: 03
    militia: 02
    males: 06
    females: 04
    eat the children was skinned exclusively by blaine devon. aka becky @ atf. header code @ ring wang. graphics were made by admin nitty. the plot, information, written content, etc. of this site is the work of the staff. characters and character-plots belong to the members of etc. all images belong to their rightful owners.
    oh wow, the very first update! i'd like to personally welcome all new members who are joining us and i cannot wait for this place to get rolling! if you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask! this place is going to be so much fun!
  • nitty
    hello, i'm the mother of this little brainchild! i'm twenty-one and super cool i swear. just kidding i'm actually kind of a loser. when i'm not online, i'm probably at work or in class. i'm a psychology major, which can be either loads of fun or loads of work depending on the day. i love character plottage and if it's really good, i will be all over it. i love to read and i listen to weird indie music when i'm by myself. zombies are my passion - which is why this site exists. i spend far too much time scrolling my tumblr dash. i dunno, i'm friendly and i just love roleplaying. c:
    bex
    howdy ho, i'm bex! i'm seventeen and currently have no life. i tend to swear a lot, so if you're easily offended, i apologize in advance. i like music and creating five million characters old enough to be your character's dad or much older, estranged brother, with the occasional badass lady. i love to game and i survive off of my depressing caffeine addiction and my hella fast wifi. i'm often loud and pissy, but i hope it doesn't deter you. if i'm being an ass, please please tell me?
    name
    blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr
    name
    blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr blurb hurrr

Add Reply
New Poll

rules
☣ NITTY
 Posted: Oct 1 2013, 08:28 PM
N/A

played by nitty
words
nitty
42 posts
ADMINISTRATOR

the rules
Since the beginning of time, it’s been an unwritten rule that the dead would remain dead. Some time ago, they started forgetting that rule...

GETTING STARTED before you begin registering, please be sure to read through the plot, rules, and all the background information given to give you a good idea on what this site is about and what we expect from you. after doing so, when you register, please register first last name in lowercase letters, please. ex. max brooks. however, if your character goes by a nickname instead of a full name, then by all means insert that. for example, if your character goes just by rex, then use that as their name. if you make a mistake, no problem, just go into your controls and edit it there. or ask an admin to edit for you. this is not a problem. after you've registered, please fill out your application. remember to check out the wanted ads, too, just in case.

RESPECT honestly this goes without saying, but please be respectful of all members of the site. if you have a problem, please take it up with an admin. do not drag your ooc drama into the cbox. if there are any problems, please inform the admins so we can take care of if swiftly. we want to keep this place positive and friendly for everyone!

RATING so this site is rated r because you will see threads with violence and other things. which means we ask our members to properly label threads. this means mature-content threads should contain [M] in the thread title or description. if they contain trigger-warnings, label [TW: type of trigger]. for those of you who do not know what trigger warning means, it's a warning placed to let the reader know that some of the content may trigger tragic memories or feelings. if you come across a thread that is not labeled properly, please let the admins know so we can handle it.

ACTIVITY so basically, the unfun part of the rules. here at eat the children, we like to think roleplaying is meant for fun, stress relief, etc. therefore you should never feel obliged to post all the time. but we do ask that if you post at least once every few days just to let us know you're still around. if you have to go away for more than a week, please leave a message in the absence board just so the staff doesn't think you vanished. we would love it if you could log in at least once every three days but you don't have to post, just log in. posting would mean in-character threads. this does not include games or communication threads.

CHARACTER LIMITS so although we do not have a strict character limit, we do ask that you are active with all your characters. that means keeping up on posts for each of them. you get two free characters, after that we ask that you please wait five days before submitting another application. in the meantime, your first two characters need to have a shipper and an active thread up. if the staff sees that you are not using one of your characters, we will send that account a warning on activity and then we will add them to the inactive list. this is sort of a way to avoid "face claim hogging" which no one really likes.

FACE CLAIMS & GRAPHICS speaking of face claims, we have some small rules on these. for example, we would appreciate it if your character's age is within five years of that of the face claim. we would also appreciate it if you did not use faces of youtube celebrities, internet famous people, or more importantly, people who have expressed they don't want their face used. and we would love it if you did not use faces of those that are under the age of thirteen, as it's against the jcink tos. otherwise, go crazy. in terms of graphics, the avatar size is 250x400p and the gif is 200x150p. if you cannot make either of these, please inform the staff and nitty should be able to get you graphics. we would prefer no signatures on the site, and they have been disabled.

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned exclusively by blaine devon. aka becky @ atf. header code @ ring wang.